Thursday 12 June 2014

Lucy Loo Magnified Star and Dimensional Star Tutorial

Hi there, it's Donna with a simple tutorial for you today.  Here's a tag I created with the new Lucy Loo 'Magnified Star' which debuted  Monday, June 9th.  I love the Steampunk references and also wanted to add lots of stars to my tag.  Some were stickers, one was a Sizzix die that cut had the score marks incorporated in the die itself, but I also needed another size so I made it myself.  Can you tell which one?  Here's how I did it.

This pretty much works for any symmetric star shape die cut.  I've used Spellbinders here.
 
After cutting and embossing with my Grand Caliber, I turned it over and began scoring from the indentation to the point.
 
Do this all the way around the star, making sure all the scores meet in the center.

 
 Turn star over and use your bone folder to make a sharp crease on all the fold lines.

 Then pinch between the long scores to invert the short ones to valley folds.

 Here's the finished dimensional star.  Easy Peasy!

 They can even be layered for a multi dimensional affect.  I hope this inspires you to makes some dimensional stars of your own. 

 
They're just perfect to use with Lucy Loo 'Magnified Star'
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. this is wonderful! thanks for the tutorial. Gonna have to try it out some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is such a cool way to add dimension and interest to a flat star. You can bet I'll be using this technique in the future. Thanks for the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT Donna!! that is so cool! ^^ I love love this tag so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete